A Runaway Pump happens when your syrup pump is overworking itself trying to push syrup. You will hear a loud and fast chugging or whistling noise by your syrup boxes. This can be caused by an empty BIB or a pocket of air in your syrup line. To resolve this, you can follow the troubleshooting below:
If you prefer not to watch a video, these are the steps:
- At the BIB Rack, find the pump that is expelling CO2 and look for the flavor ID or follow the syrup line back to the BIB to identify the flavor
- Ensure that the BIB is not empty, if it is you will need to change it
- Remove the BIB connector and clean it by agitating it in a bucket of clean warm water for 10-15 seconds then dry it off and reconnect the BIB ensuring that the connector is only hand tightened and is not cross-threaded
- At the fountain dispenser, dispense 2 pitchers of the flavor whose pump was running, then check to see if the pump is still running
- If the pump is still running, you will need to request service, but you may consider disconnecting the CO2 line until the Pepsi Equipment Service Technician arrives
If these steps have not resolved your issue, then please Click Here to submit a New Ticket so we can send a Pepsi Equipment Service Technician to your location.